Monday, June 4, 2012


Prompt #18: Write a love letter to yourself.

Dear Tegan

There are so many things about you that are special; your sense of humor, your kindness, your thoughtfulness, your optimism….I could go on. I know it is not always easy for you to recognize these things in yourself or to generally see how talented you are, but that is what your friends are family are there for. I know it is also not always easy to cope with what life sends you; the challenges of your health and the other things that fall apart or don’t happen because of that. But I need to remind you that you ARE strong, resilient and positive, you are here on this earth for a reason. You are here to love. To love yourself as deeply and wholeheartedly as possible, so that you can learn and embrace who you are. Then you can go out and share that love with the world, as I know you are driven to do.

Keep engaging with the things you are passionate about, and spending time with the people who encourage, excite and stimulate you. Make your life as rich and full as you can. That way you will be following your dream and being true to yourself. Don’t let those doubting thoughts and dark shadows sabotage the light within you. That light is your spirit and it is what other are drawn to so the more light you shine out the better.

Care for every aspect of yourself as you would for someone else, take your own medicine. Remember, “I love myself, I am special and I am a being of light”.

Shine on. Love and blessings.





2 comments:

  1. Wow Tegan! That was really touching ..and romantic :) You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Tegs!!! You are definitely a shining light!!

    ReplyDelete