Tuesday, May 15, 2012


I am once again captured by the idea of overseas travel. It seems that my level of passion and excitement for travel is related to my mood/state of mind, which is in turn related to my engagement with my inner creator. Equally this could work in the opposite direction, I'm not really sure. But I know that right now things are starting to get their sparkle back.

 I have noticed that if I am working on a creative, stimulating project, then I invariably find myself thinking of far away places and ridiculous adventures. I am in the midst of the May 30 Day Creativity Challenge, the beginnings of which I have already posted. This has drawn out my inner creator and given me something to get excited about and turn over in my mind, which is what I enjoy best. To add to this pot of creative fireworks I am thinking of travelling to Aussie again, probably early next year if my vague imaginings can be marshalled into concrete plans.

I am not sure where to go, but am considering either Sydney or Melbourne to experience the music and art culture. This is all part of my creative drive and interest that has really come to light in the last year.

I have written in the past about the times I have been to Australia, visiting the Gold Coast, Surfers and down to Byron Bay in NSW. With this latest obsession with travel I was originally thinking of the USA. I wanted to get to the Coachella Festival in California where I wanted to enjoy the music and hopefully meet/see some celebrities next April. Then I had imagined going on to Vegas, Washington DC and New York.I also hoped to meet with some people at an organization called MDAUSA which provides information, support, research and equipment for people with Muscular Dystrophy. As always I look to the biggest, craziest ideas first because I figure if you're going to dream you may as well dream big.

Unfortunately looking at such goals with an objective eye I know this idea is not achievable because A) I am not a millionare or someone equally as wealthy B) My condition means I can't get insurance to travel in the USA C)  Teleportation machines or the Floo network havn't been invented to allow instant delivery which would be the only way I could get around the strain of 14 hours flight.

I am ok with accepting these practical limitations and it makes me more determined to have my fourth adventure in Australia. So I shall continue with my creativity, my big dreams and my optimistic determination and see how far it gets me.

2 comments:

  1. What's this about not being able to get insurance? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked into insurance to travel to the USA when I was younger it was not possible to get insurance, because of the complexity and risk of my condition. I think I would be too much of a liability to insurance companies with the American health system being private/user pays.

      Delete