Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Prompt #6- Write a short story about the time you got lost. 

My version of getting lost generally comes down to turning the opposite way to the direction I should be going in order to get where I need to/want to go. Often this has been coming out of elevators or turning down corridors. All these experiences have come to reflect times in my life where I have come to a crossroads of sorts or have had to decide which direction to take or which option to choose. Many times I have found these crossroads and have been frozen with indecision or worry, "what if its the wrong way?". But I have come to realize that you just need to take one path, being as prepared as you can be for the adventures ahead and if it doesn't work out then I carry on till the next turning and hopefully make a better choice of it.
I have learnt many things by taking life’s journey like this, I have met many interesting and wonderful people as well as some not so good experiences. But that is life and what makes it so rich. I need to remember this next time I feel fear creeping up on me and trying to stop me from moving forward.
Life is too short to live in fear of what’s around the next corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment